Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Party

Jeff and I were informed on Friday that Abby was going to have a Labor Day party with my mom. So, she spent all weekend planning for her party. She spent the night at my parents on Friday so her and my mom could plan it. Then Jeff and I were told that we all had to spend the night there on Sunday night so she could get ready for her party. So we loaded everyone up (including dogs to spend the night!!) so Abby could get ready. When we got there we were amazed she planned everything herself, the food, decorations and even the guest list. She was our little Paula Dean! Then menu included (thought up by Abby) fried chicken, baked ziti, salad, bread, fruit, homemade dip, cucumbers carrots, ranch, pumpkin pie, apple pie, chocolate pie and two other deserts from her Paula Dean cookbook, fruit funs, apple juice, Juicy Juice, milk and water. My mom and her made everything for the exception of salad (my assignment) and apple pie (Jeff's assignment)and she even called and invited all her guests. With all her hard work and planning her party turned out great!! She is just like my mom and knows how to throw a good party. We were so proud off all that she did and had a great time. And thank you to my mom who helped Abby pull all this together and let her lead the way. Way to go our little party planner!!


Abby and her food she prepared

Abby and some of her guests!

2 comments:

The Gerard Family said...

TOO CUTE!! I know who I will be calling to help me plan my next party. I just love that girl. She is so sweet. Gotta love Grandmas to teach and make such wonderful memories with our kids. I cherish those moments with granny and Odell. Way to go abby!!

Heather said...

Way cute! She should plan all the parties from now on. Looks like everyone had fun and for sure plenty to eat:)